Wednesday

Cameron Diaz Popcorn

With Cameron Diaz on his show to promote "Bad Teacher" on Monday night, Dave took the opportunity to ask about the much talked about moment when cameras caught the movie star feeding Alex Rodriguez a handful of popcorn during last February's Super Bowl. A playful Diaz, who earlier said it was OK to call the New York Yankees star her boyfriend ("I do," she said), obliged Letterman with an "exclusive" telling of the moment and then took part in a funny bit when the comedian pulled out an oversized tub of popcorn and handed it over with implied instructions. Great stuff.

"We were watching the game and I was eating and I was getting down to the last couple of pieces of popcorn and all of a sudden I see a hand coming in… and I'm like… [at this point she pantomimes pulling away a tub of popcorn]. Anybody who knows me doesn't put their hand in my food, especially when it's close to my mouth. And I said, 'What are you? It's mine.' And then I went, 'I love you too much, I'm going to give it to you, you deserve it." And it was the only piece of popcorn that I even put near his face and they happened to have the camera on right when I did it.
"Ten minutes later, we're blowing up on our Blackberries ... We started laughing so hard, 'We're like, are you kidding me?' But let me tell you something. We had more fun with that."